The HDFC Bank & SBI Card, the top two credit card issuers in India, provide a variety of credit cards with special perks across several categories. The SBI SimplyClick Credit Card is one of the most well-known entry-level credit cards on the Indian market, while the HDFC Bank MoneyBack Credit Card is directly in rivalry with the SBI SimplyClick. Both cards offer their clients numerous exclusive savings possibilities and have a modest annual charge of Rs. 500.
Both cards are entry-level, so they don’t provide many premium perks like free lounge access or golf privileges, but you can save a lot of money with them on all of your purchases. Additionally, the milestone advantages of the cards let you accumulate free gift cards each year. Many people are frequently perplexed while choosing one of these cards because the advantages of these two cards may appear to be almost identical. To make it simpler for you to compare the two cards based on their qualities and pick the best one, we have created this comparison post.
MasterCard HDFC MoneyBack Plus
Due to its low annual fee and special advantages, the bank’s entry-level credit card, the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Credit Card, is a popular choice for many people. It has a very low yearly price of Rs. 500 and gives its users 500 Cash Points when they first sign up for the card membership. With this card, you can earn up to 20 cash points for every Rs. 150 you spend, and you can use these cash points to buy a variety of things. Numerous other benefits come with the HDFC MoneyBack Plus Card as well. Refer to the following information to get to know each one:
- 500 Cash Points are given to you as a welcome bonus.
- For every Rs. 150 you spend, you receive 2 Cash Points.
- On EMI transactions at particular merchant locations, you receive 5x Cash Points.
- Flipkart, Amazon, Big Basket, Swiggy, and Reliance Smart Store all give you 10x Cash Points.
- The maximum monthly number of Cash Points under the 5x and 10x categories is 2,500 points.
- For statement cash, product catalogue, and travel-related bookings on Smartbuy, 1 Cash Point is equal to Re. 0.25.
- Spend Rs. 50,000 or more in a quarter to receive a gift voucher worth Rs. 500.
- Get discounts of up to 15% when dining at more than 2,000 restaurants in India.
- Receive a 1 percent fuel surcharge waiver on all fuel purchases, up to a maximum of Rs. 250 every billing cycle.
- If you spent Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year, the yearly charge is waived.
SimplyClick Credit Card from SBI
One of the most common and fundamental SBI Card options is the SBI SimplyClick Credit Card. It has a Rs. 500 annual cost and gives new clients a Rs. 500 Amazon gift card as a welcome gift. On every Rs. 100 you spend using this card, you can earn up to 10 reward points. In addition, when you reach the expenditure threshold with this card each year, you can receive gift certificates up to Rs. 4,000 in value. Read the following points to learn more about the SimplyClick SBI Card’s specific features and advantages:
- As a welcome gift, you receive an Amazon gift card worth 500 rupees.
- With this card, every 100 rupees spent offline results in 1 reward point.
- On every online purchase, you receive 5x Reward Points.
- On partner brands like Amazon, BookMyShow, Netmeds, Cleartrip, Apollo 24×7, etc., you receive 10x Reward Points.
- The maximum number of accelerated (5x) and (10x) points per month is 10,000.
- For every Rs. 1 lakh spent in an anniversary year, you receive a Rs. 2,000 Cleartrip voucher (you can earn vouchers worth up to Rs. 4,000 per year).
- Get rid of the 1% fuel levy on all fuel purchases. The monthly waiver is limited to Rs. 100.
- If you spent Rs. 1 lakh or more in the previous year, the annual charge is waived.
To sum up
You may have made your decision regarding which card to choose after weighing all the qualities and advantages of the two cards. No one of the two cards can be said to be the greatest for everyone, but each person can make a different decision based on their needs and spending patterns. Although there is a little distinction between the two cards’ perks, you should check for their brands. Consider carefully which brands you most frequently purchase, then apply for a card in accordance.
Read Also: Home Loan in India with a Low CIBIL Score