Do you want a black phone icon on your mobile? As a society, we are surrounded by technology all around us. We have the power to connect with people on the moon or operate all the functions via a machine. We can even video chat with people in rural villages on the other side of the world.
With all the amazing technology available, we could create tech that integrates us with the environment. Of all the different capabilities of a smartphone, the screen gets all the attention. Surprisingly there’s a simple way to turn your phone display black and white.
Why? Because a colourful display means items of interest. But making a phone display black and white lightens this tendency. It makes a wow display into a very boring one.
How to Turn Your Phone Black and White:
Turn “Color Filters” on, and you’ll see the option for Grayscale at the top. For example, you can easily turn on the black phone icon; if you don’t like it, you can change it.
How to Customize your App Icons on IOS 14:
If you want to customize your iPhone home screen, you can do much more than just setting your favourite picture as the background. For example, if you like a minimalist type, you can easily match your home screen by recolouring your app icons. It’s easy to do using the Shortcuts app.
- Open the Shortcut app.
- In the top right corner of the app, click the + (plus) sign.
- On the New Shortcut screen, tap Add Action.
- Search for the Open app and then tap it in the search results.
- On the New Shortcut page, tap Choose.
- On the Choose App page, scroll down and find the app whose icon you want to change. For example, the app is Phone.
You can also type the app’s name in the Search App search bar at the top of the page and choose the app from the list.
- You’ll return to the New Shortcut page, and the name of the app will appear in place of where you tapped Choose before. Tap the three-dot menu at the top of the page.
- On the details page, change the name of the app. Just tap in the Shortcut Name field and type something new.
- Then, tap the icon beside the app name on the Details screen.
- It opens a page to choose the icon you want to use for the app and the colour you want to display. First, tap Colour and select the colour you want the icon to be.
- Then tap Glyph and choose the symbol you want to display on your app icon. There is no option to display a Glyph, so choose the one that matches closely.
- When you’ve made these selections tap Done.
- You returns to the Details page. Tap Add to Home Screen.
- You are taken to a preview page where you can see what your app icon will look like. Tap Add.
- Then you return to the Details page. Now you can exit the Shortcuts app and find your new app icon on your Home Screen.
Now you can repeat this process for all the icons you want to create custom colours. Or, for example, can create a white and black phone icon theme.
After following the above steps, you will either have a colourful or black phone icon theme on your home screen. It depends upon your choice of how you like to keep your home screen.