If you enjoy daily Wordle puzzles and soccer, Who Are Ya gaming is the quiz for you. It is in some places, also known as Who Are Ya Infinite. Although not quite as good as Wordle, the new football game is similar to the popular word game. The purpose of Who Are Ya gaming is to identify who a different soccer player is each day. It’s a lot tougher than it sounds because you only have a hazy image of a player from one of Europe’s top leagues to work with. It’s not as simple as you might assume, but if you enjoy soccer, you should try it. Have a good time testing your football knowledge!
Is “Who Are Ya” gaming like Wordle for football fans?
Each day’s riddle in the “Who Are Ya?” game is accompanied by a blurry image of the player in question, progressively clarifying each guess. You may think that would make things too easy for die-hard fans; however, the colors in each image have been changed so that players cannot be identified from their team’s uniform. You also get eight daily guesses rather than Wordle‘s regular six.
For example, if you guessed Jorginho and the circles for league and position lighted up green, but the others were grey, you’d know you were looking for a “Who Are Ya?” Premier League midfielder who isn’t Italian, doesn’t play for Chelsea, and is under 30 years old.
How to play the “Who Are Ya?” game?
You’re not guessing from spelling like in Wordle. To summarise this:
- Begin entering a name, and it will allow you to choose your guess’s name from a selection.
- Your hints are then generated by comparing five criteria to the correct answer: nationality, the league they play in, the club they play for, position on the field, and age.
- A green box indicates that you were correct, whereas a grey box indicates that you should try again.
- Then, guess other players on the same team, in the same position, or in any other manner you can to get closer to the answer.
- With each guess, their image becomes a little clearer.
- You have eight guesses each day to determine the name of a mystery football player.
- They have formerly played in the La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, or Bundesliga.
- And you begin with an image that is highly fuzzy and discolored.
How to know if you’re playing the “Who Are Ya?” game correctly?
If you recognize a player’s name, you will be accurate only if:
- When you begin typing a player’s name in the Who Are Ya? game, their name appears in the search results. You cannot enter a name that is not on the game’s list.
- Footballers compete in one of Europe’s top five leagues: the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, or Ligue 1.
- The player has appeared for a team in any of the leagues listed above at least once.
- If a player has joined up for a club but hasn’t played any of that club’s league games, they will not appear in the Who Are Ya game’s search function. It means that footballers who have played for a club but only in non-league games will be unable to compete here.
- Additional green tiles would allow you to estimate more accurately and in fewer attempts.
- If you correctly estimate the correct player after 8 attempts, all five tiles under that player’s name will become green. The player’s image will grow somewhat less hazy after each guess.
Who Are Ya? gaming aims to identify a new soccer player daily. You may only work with a fuzzy photograph of a player from one of Europe’s top leagues. It’s not as straightforward as you think, but if you like football, you should give it a shot.