Prostate gland is a small gland that is located right behind the bladder in males. Doctors say that this particular gland can produce semen during the time of sexual activity. The semen is a fluid filled with nutrients that contains sperm at the time of ejaculation.
As men start to reach their old age, the prostate becomes bigger or enlarged. This is a condition, which is known as Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia or, in short, BPH. In some conditions, it becomes problematic enough to require treatment. The Enlarged Prostate Treatment includes various medications and diet management. Let us understand this in detail.
Prostate diet helps you get relief from the signs/symptoms of BPH. Patients come across some food products which are said to have a massive effect on the prostate’s health.
Experts have pointed out that a diet that contains all dairy and meat products can lead to prostate enlargement and even prostate cancer. These conditions can occur in individuals who do not consume many vegetables. It’s important to consume vegetables, fruits, and various other healthy fats.
In the Enlarged Prostate Treatment diet, these food products are helpful:
● Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids that can lessen inflammation in the human body.
● Tomatoes are another helpful food item. It contains an antioxidant known as lycopene that is good for the cells present in the prostate glands. Consuming tomatoes by including them in soups or curries, will release this antioxidant.
● Berries, such as blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries, contain plenty of antioxidants. Consuming them will eliminate the radicals from the human body.
● Fruits, such as grapefruits, limes, lemons, and oranges, contain high levels of Vitamin C. These fruits will keep the prostate gland healthy.
Apart from all these food products, you should avoid sodium, alcohol, red meat, caffeine, and dairy items.
Even though following the enlarged prostate diet can certainly help you, there are some ways through which you can manage its signs/symptoms:
● Stop smoking
● Try to manage the stress levels
● Conduct some pelvic floor workouts
● Avoid drinking too much fluid at night to prevent urination at night
● Make sure to empty up the bladder during urination
● Drink only 2 liters of liquids each day
● Don’t take up medications, such as decongestants or antihistamines. These medications can worsen the signs/symptoms.
● Conduct the bladder training workouts
Under this section you will come across some food products that are easily consumable. These are:
● Pumpkin Seeds: Pumpkin Seeds are easily available both in offline and online stores. People can include them in salads or just eat them by roasting them a little. The oil present in these seeds can stop the hormones from activating the growth of the prostate cells.
● Broccoli: This particular vegetable is also available in supermarkets and is highly beneficial for people who suffer from an enlarged prostate. The soundest thing about broccoli is that it contains “indoles” and “phytonutrients sulforaphane.” They contain anticancer properties.
● Cayenne Pepper: You might have seen many chefs include cayenne pepper in their cuisines. But do you know they are also good for treating the pain caused by prostate cancer cells? Well, it’s true. “Capsaicin” is an essence that is found in cayenne pepper from which it gets its heat. Consuming cayenne pepper will not just reduce the pain but also eliminate cancer cells.
● Green Tea: It is becoming an integral part of the healthy lifestyle of people. Though green tea is fashionably known for being helpful in weight loss, it is also effective in relaxing prostate cancer. Green tea contains “catechins,” which is a kind of polyphenol. It can easily terminate all viruses and also bacteria and enhance the immune system greatly.
● Mushrooms: Experts say that mushrooms can certainly keep the prostate glands healthy. Mushrooms have “ergothioneine’s forte” that contains high levels of antioxidants. These antioxidants protect the cells of the human body, which includes the prostate gland.
● Pomegranates: Consuming pomegranates is also another great way to keep the prostate gland healthy. It contains phytonutrients and antioxidants, such as “ellagitannin,” that improve the health of the prostate greatly.
The enlarged prostate diet will certainly give you relief from the symptoms of BPH or Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Consult about it with your doctor right before you think of opting for the diet. Doing so will help you know about the “do’s and don’ts” about it.